The Writers Studio
Find your quiet place. Find your community.
Be productive. Be inspired. Build community.
Writers, find the space and community you are looking for at FYACS!
- A second-floor studio space, open 7 days a week where you can write and meet with other writers.
- Monthly writing sessions with craft lessons and prompt-driven writing time. Find them on our Programs page.
- Periodic author events.
- A public Facebook group FYACSwriters to connect with other writers.
- The FYACS community blog, Palette, where you can submit your work for publication. See our submission guidelines here.
Learn more below!
Become part of our writing community:
Become a Writer in Residence (WIR) member...
…and help sustain FYACS through your membership dues ($60 per month).
For writers looking for a space to write outside their homes as well as a community of writers. Benefits include:
- Access to Writers Studio 7 days per week, 7 a.m.-10 p.m.
- Meet with other WIRs (Meet our resident writers here.)
- Free admittance to monthly writing sessions
- Participate in annual event
- Personal bookshelf for storage
- High-speed Wi-Fi
- Access to our shared library
- FYACS membership benefits for your entire family
- Post your profile on the FYACS website
To become a WIR member, apply here.
Use the Writers Studio as a Guest
$25 for 3 hours in the studio
- Use alone or with your group (sits 8)
- Access days/hours: Mon-Fri
- 9:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m.
- High-speed Wi-Fi
To reserve the studio as a guest, contact 781-665-4140 or email@example.com.
Write with Us
Our monthly creative writing sessions for adults are open to everyone—non-writers to experienced. Each month, you’ll get a craft lesson on a different theme or genre, along with prompts that get your pen moving. $15 per session.
Find these and other writing offerings on our Programs page.
Search Tips: Enter “writing” or “write” in the Search bar to find our offerings. You can also select 18+ to find classes for adults.
The Writers Studio is a quiet workspace tucked away on the second floor of our beautiful Victorian house. The studio features a large writing table and comfortable chairs, bookshelves, and large windows. The Studio is currently accessible only by stairs.
FYACS is located in the historic district of Main Street, Melrose, minutes away from coffee shops, restaurants, and grocery stores—so you can bring in refreshments to keep your writing going.
2023 Writing and Teaching Fellow
Congratulations to Theresa Okokon, who has been awarded the 2023 Foundation Trust Writing and Teaching Fellowship at Follow Your Art Community Studios. This year’s fellowship aims to amplify the work of a Black writer.
Theresa will spend her year completing her memoir manuscript, which will be published by Atria Books. She will also teach classes and facilite events at FYACS that involve the art of writing, revising, and storytelling.