The Writers Studio
Find your quiet place. Find your community.
Be productive. Be inspired. Build community.
Writers, find the space and community you are looking for at FYACS!
- A second-floor studio space, open 7 days a week where you can write and meet with other writers.
- Monthly writing sessions with craft lessons and prompt-driven writing time. Find them on our Programs page.
- Periodic author events and multi-week classes.
- A public Facebook group FYACSwriters to connect with other writers.
- The FYACS community blog, Palette, where you can submit your work for publication. See our submission guidelines here.
Learn more below!
2023 Writing and Teaching Fellow
Congratulations to Theresa Okokon, who has been awarded the 2023 Foundation Trust Writing and Teaching Fellowship at Follow Your Art Community Studios. This year’s fellowship aims to amplify the work of a Black writer.
Theresa will spend her year completing her memoir manuscript, which will be published by Atria Books. She will also teach classes and facilite events at FYACS that involve the art of writing, revising, and storytelling.
Read the press release about Theresa, and visit her website at theresaokokon.com.
Become part of our writing community:
Become a Writer in Residence (WIR) member...
- Ability to book private or shared writing time 7 days per week, 8 a.m.-10 p.m.
- $60 per month
- Meet with other WIRs (Meet our resident writers here.)
- Free admittance to our monthly writing workshops
- Participate in annual event
- Personal bookshelf for storage
- High-speed Wi-Fi
- Access to our shared library
- FYACS membership benefits for your entire family
- Post your profile on the FYACS website
To become a member, apply here.
Use the Writers Studio as a Guest
- $25 for 3 hours for private access to the studio, up to 2 visits per month
- Access days/hours: Mon-Fri
- 9:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m.
- 1:00-4:00 p.m.
- High-speed Wi-Fi
Take a Class
We offer monthly writing sessions and occasional multi-week classes.
Our monthly creative writing sessions for adults are open to everyone—non-writers to experienced. Each month, you’ll get a craft lesson on a different theme and genre, along with prompts that get your pen moving.
Find our writing offerings on our Programs page.
Search Tips: Enter “writing” in the Search bar OR use the Filter menu on the left to find “writing” offerings under “Media.” You can also filter by age range.
The Writers Studio is a quiet workspace tucked away on the second floor of our beautiful Victorian house. The studio features a large writing table and comfortable chairs, bookshelves, and large windows. The Studio is currently accessible only by stairs.
FYACS is located in the historic district of Main Street, Melrose, minutes away from coffee shops, restaurants, and grocery stores—so you can bring in refreshments to keep your writing going.