create change in your community…
Create Art for Social Justice
- Take the lead as a community organizer to bring awareness to a social justice issue you are passionate about
- Learn how to design, fund, lead and implement a community art project
- As part of a collaborative group, make connections with your community through a shared interest in social justice.
- Receive community service hours, realize your Capstone or service project with support from our mentoring staff.
- Make meaningful art in your community
- Expected program length: 1-4 hours/week, 3-6 months depending on project
“The Portrait Project was a wonderful experience to be involved with. Both activism and art are topics I am very passionate about individually, and I loved being able to combine the two with this project!”
More About Art and Social Action at FYA
Since Follow Your Art began as a private business back in 2008, we have partnered with other organizations including the Human Rights Commission, the Melrose Alliance Against Violence to highlight social justice issues through create projects that directly engage the community.
The art for social action youth group will work together to identify a social action topic, design a creative project for community involvement or display, develop a budget and a project plan, and implement the project, all with the support of staff at FYA.