create your future…
Get Ready for What’s Next
Funded in part by Foundation Trust, this fellowship will accept 6 current sophomores and juniors to develop their portfolios and engage with the community through their art. It is open to students in Melrose, Malden, Medford, Revere, Saugus, Stoneham and Wakefield and other surrounding communities.
- Challenge and refine your skills with a group of peers and mentorship from working artists
- Produce a body of work for advanced education/employment
- Connect with the community through your artwork with a commissioned piece
- Be part of a year end group show at the FYACS gallery
- Expected program length: May 2023-May 2024
- Application Deadline: April 15th
“At FYA I’ve been able to figure out the kind of work I want to do,
and the kind of artist I want to be.”
More About the Emerging Artist Fellowship
FYA has always hosted a weekly Open Studio for teens. It has been a time for youth artists to come together, learn from each other, and ask for feedback on work as they develop their creative voice. By design, open studio was unstructured.
We are aware of the disparities present as art students with an interest advanced education or employment in the visual arts look for ways to build their skills and develop their creative voice. We partnered with Foundation Trust to develop a structured one year program that will provide individualized mentoring to support these goals.