Follow Your Art Community Studios
Covid Guidelines September-October 2020
All participants/guardians MUST read the following information, fill out your information below and SUBMIT this form before you or your child enters the building.
We at FYACS are committed to following all recommendations made by the CDC and state and local government to minimize the risk of transmitting Covid-19 while on our premises. We have and will continue to update our protocols as the public health situation changes. The protocols listed below must be followed both by FYACS and our students/families for current programs.
What FYACS will do:
- All tables, chairs, supplies, and bathrooms will be disinfected on a regular basis.
- Staff will wear masks inside the building and wash hands frequently.
- Workstations will be at least 4 feet apart, with the exception of siblings who may share a station.
- As much as possible artists will have their own box of supplies that they will use, and sharing will be kept to a minimum. When supplies are shared, hand sanitizer will be used before and after handling.
- Weather permitting, all windows will remain open and fans on to increase airflow. In extreme heat, air conditioners will be used.
- The building will remain closed to the public whenever groups are in session.
- Children will be dropped off and picked up outside. Entrance will be via the ramp where there will be chalk lines for safe and controlled entry.
- Class size limits: Pre-K groups are limited to 4 students with one facilitator, or six students with two adults. School age groups are limited to 6 students with one facilitator, or 9 students with two facilitators. Adult classes will have a maximum of 9 students. Group members will be spread throughout the studio as needed based on size.
- IF HEALTH METRICS CHANGE and due to safety concerns we need to close the building, all in person classes will finish virtually. we will provide supplies for students to pick up if necessary and facilitators will continue their groups online, occurring at the same date and time as the original class.
What students/families will do:
- All participants must follow the safe entry and exit protocols.
- Double-layer masks must be worn at all times inside the building (please bring your own). Children’s masks MUST fit snugly so that they do not drop below their nose while talking or need frequent adjusting.
- Everyone must wash hands:
- upon entering the building.
- every time they touch their face/adjust their mask (hand sanitizer is an option)
- before sharing supplies (hand sanitizer is an option)
- The COVID-19 Pandemic Emergency Consent Form must be signed by parent/guardian and brought to the first day of class. We are asking that you only attend a program if:
- Your household is free of Covid-19 symptoms for at least the last 14 days
- Your household has been following physical distancing protocols as recommended by state officials for at least 14 days
- You recognize that participants in programs do so at their own risk and agree to follow all guidelines put in place by the staff at FYACS
- You understand and accept that FYACS is not responsible if you, your child and/or anyone in your household contracts Covid-19
COVID-19 Pandemic Acknowledgement and Consent Form
I understand the COVID-19 virus has a long incubation period during which carriers of the virus may not show symptoms and still be highly contagious. It is impossible to determine who has it and who does not given the current limits in virus testing.
The current world-wide Coronavirus (“COVID-19”) pandemic and government mandated “shelter in place” orders in many communities underscore the risks associated with group gatherings in a variety of settings.
The undersigned understands that exposure to disease-causing organisms and objects, such as COVID-19, and personal contact with others, involves a certain degree of risk that could result in illness, permanent disability or death.
I further acknowledge that I have not been exposed to COVID-19 to the best of my knowledge, nor have I engaged in international travel or domestic travel via public transit within the past fourteen (14) days.
After fully and carefully considering all the potential risks involved, I hereby assume the same and agree to release and hold-harmless Follow Your Art Community Studios and its employees, officers, agents, contractors and vendors from and against all claims and liability resulting from exposure to disease-causing organisms and objects, such as COVID-19, associated with classes and programs offered at the Follow Your Art Community Studios, 647 Main Street, Melrose, MA 02176.