Follow Your Art Community Studios
Covid Guidelines July 2021
All participants/guardians MUST read the following information, fill out your information below and SUBMIT this form before you or your child enters the building.
As of June 15th, the state lifted all Covid restrictions that pertain to FYACS. Because our program serves young children who are not able to be vaccinated yet, we still have the following protocols in place to minimizing the risk of transmitting Covid-19 while on our premises. We have and will continue to update our protocols as the public health situation changes. The protocols listed below must be followed both by FYACS and our students/families for current programs.
What FYACS will do:
- Our staff are all fully vaccinated.
- Staff will continue to wear masks inside the building when interacting with children during program hours. The exception may be while the lead facilitator is giving whole group directions.
- Weather permitting, all windows will remain open to increase airflow. HEPA air purifiers are in use in class areas when windows are closed.
- Children will be dropped off and picked up outside.
- Class size limits: Our summer programs are limited to 12 students, with 1 lead facilitator and 2 assistants, for a total of 15 people. This means our first floor is still operating at 25% capacity.
What students/families will do:
- All participants must follow the safe entry and exit protocols.
- Double-layer masks must be worn at all times inside the building (please bring your own). Children’s masks MUST fit snugly so that they do not drop below their nose while talking or need frequent adjusting. Staff reserve the right to request an individual replace their mask with a disposable mask (reserves kept on site).
- Staff and children will NOT be masked outdoors.
- Everyone must wash hands:
- upon entering the building.
- every time they touch their face/adjust their mask (hand sanitizer is an option)
- The COVID-19 Pandemic Emergency Consent Form must be signed by parent/guardian and brought to the first day of class. We are asking that you only attend a program if:
- Your household is free of Covid-19 symptoms for at least the last 14 days
- You recognize that participants in programs do so at their own risk and agree to follow all guidelines put in place by the staff at FYACS
- You understand and accept that FYACS is not responsible if you, your child and/or anyone in your household contracts Covid-19
COVID-19 Pandemic Acknowledgement and Consent Form
I understand the COVID-19 virus has a long incubation period during which carriers of the virus may not show symptoms and still be highly contagious. It is impossible to determine with 100% accuracy who has it and who does not at a given time.
The undersigned understands that exposure to disease-causing organisms and objects, such as COVID-19, and personal contact with others, involves a certain degree of risk that could result in illness, permanent disability or death.
I further acknowledge that I and/or members of my household have not been exposed to COVID-19 to the best of my knowledge, and have no symptoms.
After fully and carefully considering all the potential risks involved, I hereby assume the same and agree to release and hold-harmless Follow Your Art Community Studios and its employees, officers, agents, contractors and vendors from and against all claims and liability resulting from exposure to disease-causing organisms and objects, such as COVID-19, associated with classes and programs offered at the Follow Your Art Community Studios, 647 Main Street, Melrose, MA 02176.