Follow Your Art Community Studios
Reopening Guidelines July 2020
All guardians MUST read the following information, fill out your information and SUBMIT this form before your child may enter the building.
We at FYACS are committed to following all recommendations made by the CDC and state and local government to minimize the risk of transmitting Covid-19 while on our premises. We opened on June 8th following recommendations for Phase 2 in order to return to onsite classes. We have and will continue to update these protocols as we move to Phase 3. The protocols listed below must be followed both by FYACS and our students/families for current programs.
What FYACS will do:
- All tables, chairs, supplies, and bathrooms will be disinfected on a regular basis.
- Staff will wear masks inside the building. The same staff will be with the same group of students all week.
- Workstations will be at least 4 feet apart, with the exception of siblings who may share a station.
- All artists will have their own box of supplies that they will use throughout the week, and sharing will be kept to an absolute minimum. When supplies are shared (outside chalk mostly), hand sanitizer will be used before and after handling.
- Weather permitting, all windows will remain open and exhaust fans on to increase airflow. In extreme heat, air conditioners will be used.
- The building will remain closed to the public whenever groups of children are on site.
- As much as possible, we will engage in outdoor activities. A minimum of 1/3 of our time will be outside.
- Children will be dropped off and picked up outside. Entrance will be via the ramp where there will be chalk lines for safe and controlled entry.
- Exit will be through the back door one student at a time.
What students/families will do:
- All participants must follow the safe entry and exit protocols.
- Masks must be worn at all times inside the building (please bring your own). Children’s masks MUST be able to be worn around the neck so it is always on their person, even outside.
- Everyone must wash hands upon entering the building.
- The COVID-19 Pandemic Emergency Consent Form must be signed by parent/guardian and brought to the first day of class. We are asking that you only attend a program if:
- Your household is free of Covid-19 symptoms for at least the last 14 days
- Your household has been following physical distancing protocols as recommended by state officials for at least 14 days
- You recognize that participants in programs do so at their own risk and agree to follow all guidelines put in place by the staff at FYACS
- You understand and accept that FYACS is not responsible if you, your child and/or anyone in your household contracts Covid-19
COVID-19 Pandemic Acknowledgement and Consent Form
I understand the COVID-19 virus has a long incubation period during which carriers of the virus may not show symptoms and still be highly contagious. It is impossible to determine who has it and who does not given the current limits in virus testing.
The current world-wide Coronavirus (“COVID-19”) pandemic and government mandated “shelter in place” orders in many communities underscore the risks associated with group gatherings in a variety of settings.
The undersigned understands that exposure to disease-causing organisms and objects, such as COVID-19, and personal contact with others, involves a certain degree of risk that could result in illness, permanent disability or death.
I further acknowledge that I have not been exposed to COVID-19 to the best of my knowledge, nor have I engaged in international travel or domestic travel via public transit within the past fourteen (14) days.
After fully and carefully considering all the potential risks involved, I hereby assume the same and agree to release and hold-harmless Follow Your Art Community Studios and its employees, officers, agents, contractors and vendors from and against all claims and liability resulting from exposure to disease-causing organisms and objects, such as COVID-19, associated with classes and programs offered at the Follow Your Art Community Studios, 647 Main Street, Melrose, MA 02176.